#128 Summer holiday TBR

I always get so much reading done on holiday whether that's on the beach, at the pool or just sat out in the evening so this year I thought I'd take full advantage of this and make a bit of a dent in my TBR!























Stardust, Neil Gaiman
Young Tristran Thorn has lost his heart to the beautiful Victoria Forester and for the coveted prize of her hand, Tristran vows to retrieve a fallen star and deliver it to his beloved. 
I've watched the film adaption of this so many times but it wasn't until earlier this year I discovered there was a book! Neil Gaiman is an author I've been meaning to read for ages so this feels like the perfect place to start!

















The Sun is Also a Star, Nicola Yoon
The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true? 
This book has been sat on my TBR for so long and I'd completely forgot about it until readbyzoe mentioned it in her summer TBR!


















Things a Bright Girl Can Do, Sally Nichols
Through rallies and marches, in polite drawing rooms and freezing prison cells and the poverty-stricken slums of the East End, three courageous young women join the fight for the vote.
I've heard so many good things about this book and I'm excited to finally read it especially as I've been enjoying historical fiction recently!

















The Miseducation of Cameron Post, Emily M. Danforth
When Cameron Post’s parents die suddenly in a car crash, her shocking first thought is relief. Relief they’ll never know that, hours earlier, she had been kissing a girl.
I was actually sent this to review by Penguin and I STILL haven't read it (Penguin if you're reading this I'm sorry) but with all the talk of the film adaption I'm ready to see how I feel about this book, although I don't think it's exactly gonna be a happy summer read.

















My Heart Goes Bang, Keris Stainton
Lectures, essays, hangovers, and flatmates; it's about found families, finding yourself, and falling in love with people you never expected to fall in love with.
Okay, yes I have read this before but that was in the form of 7 PDFs so I'm looking forward to sitting on the beach with the final copy!


















The Exact Opposite of Okay, Laura Steven
Izzy O’Neill is an aspiring comic, an impoverished orphan, and a Slut Extraordinaire. Or at least, that’s what the malicious website flying round the school says.
I don't know a lot about this book and sometimes that's the best thing! I picked it up a couple of months ago because I'd heard a lot of people talking about but that was about it but I'm excited to meet Izzy!

















Let me know what your summer reading plans so I can add even more books to my evergrowing TBR!


Vicki

Comments