#122 My favourite (recent) library finds

Hi, I did that thing where I forget my blog exists and instead use only Goodreads and a twitter thread to keep tracking of my reading, as of writing this I’ve read 24 books so far this year and according to Goodreads that means I’m 3 books ahead of schedule... whatever that means?


Although neverlandvicki has been accidentally abandoned for however many months I have actually been blogging, just over on the blog for the charity bookshop I volunteer at - I’ve talked about superheroes, how to reduce your waste and also pride month so feel free to have a wander after you’re done here (x)!

Now onto what you actually clicked on this post for - my favourite recent library finds! It’s no secret that I’ve fallen back in love with the library and I find myself popping in at least once a week. just going in to return books results in me coming away with three extras to add to my collection!


State of Sorrow, Melinda Salisbury
By day, Sorrow governs the Court of Tears, covering for her grief-maddened father, who has turned their once celebrated land into a living monument for the brother who died before she was born.
I've put this on a bit of hold and I just keep renewing it, mostly because I'm just not in a fantasy mood but what I've read so far is so interesting, I love how Melinda writes!

















Clean, Juno Dawson
I can feel it swimming through my veins like glitter ... it's liquid gold. When socialite Lexi Volkov almost overdoses, she thinks she's hit rock bottom.
Last year I absolutely adored Margot & Me by Juno Dawson so when I saw the library had her latest YA book I just had to pick it up, but in true bookworm style, I'm yet to pick it up - soon!


















We Are Young and The Lost and Found, Cat Clarke
Another book I adored last year was Girlhood by Cat Clarke and just had to pick up The Lost and Found and then when I saw her latest book We Are Young a couple weeks later I just couldn't resist! I'm currently reading We Are Young and I'm loving it!

















Moonrise, Sarah Crossan
 What value do you place on life? What can you forgive? And just how do you say goodbye?
I've heard so much about this book and I've been itching to read it for so long, as it's written in verse I think it's gonna be such an interesting read and I can't wait to get stuck in!
























What We Left Behind, Robin Talley
An emotional, empowering story of what happens when love may not be enough to conquer all.
In celebration of Pride Month, there was a whole display of LGBTQ+ books and this one just really caught my eye, I haven't heard much about it so I'm excited to go in with not too many expectations!




















The Poet X, Elizabeth Acevedo
A young girl in Harlem discovers slam poetry as a way to understand her mother’s religion and her own relationship to the world. 
On the flip side this a book I've heard a lot about and I just knew I had to pick it up. I only know a little about slam poetry so I'm excited to learn a little bit more!





















Go on a visit to your local library and see what gems you can find!


Vicki















Comments