#118 Favourite 2017 books - part two

Because of how many books I loved in 2017 I had to split my favourite books of the year into two! Feel free to catch up on what you missed in part one before reading on (x)!

























If Birds Fly Back, Carlie Sorosiak 
★★★★★
Like The Loneliest Girl in the Universe, this debut by Carlie Sorosiak became one of my all-time favourite books! Pure and simple joy from page one If Birds Fly Back has been described as "a sparkling debut about love, family, and the mysteries of the universe. (x)"























Scrappy Little Nobody, Anna Kendrick 
★★★★★
Another book that was pure joy was Anna Kendrick's autobiography, that felt like you were just sat listening to Anna talk. I read it on holiday and it had me laughing, then crying, then laughing all over again!























The Pearl Thief, Elizabeth Wein 
★★★★☆
This was one of those books that I just didn't shut up about! Set in the 1930s The Pearl Thief is the prequel to Code Name Verity (2012)this is a murder mystery novel with a mix of Gossip Girl-esque rich vs poor tropes!























Literally, Lucy Keating
 ★★★★★
I read this book across two train journeys (there and back) because I just couldn't get enough of how unique this book is. Annabelle realises she is a character that Lucy Keating created, this book was so clever and I was hooked!
























Freshers, Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison  
★★★★★
This book is set in my hometown and follows Phoebe and Luke during Freshers week (first week on university). Tom and Lucy have this ability to write the funniest stories and situations so Freshers had me laughing throughout! If you need a break from the books filled with heartbreak and angst definitely pick up Freshers!























If You Could See Me Now,  Keris Stainton
 ★★★★★
I mentioned in part one how One Italian Summer wasn't the only book by Keris on this list because I well and truly became obsessed with Keris last year! If You Could See Me Now is Keris' first adult novel is heartwarming, empowering and so funny and clever! Feel free to read my full review here!























Undercover Princess, Connie Glynn 
★★★★☆
I'm not as big a youtube fan as I once was, however, one creator I don't think I'll ever tire of is Noodlerella aka Connie Glynn. Connie released her first novel Undercover Princess in November and I was lucky enough to receive a proof copy from Penguin to review! Undercover Princess is such a cute book all about fairytales and friendship and a girl power and I adored it and I'm so excited for the next book in the series! Feel free to read my full review here!
























Goodbye Perfect, Sara Barnard 
★★★★★
I can't stop thinking about this gorgeous little book that comes out next month! Sara has such a wonderful way of writing about female friendships and it came through even more so in Goodbye Perfect. When Eden's best friend Bonnie runs away with their teacher we see Eden beginning to question everything about both herself and her best friend! 






















It Only Happens in the Movies, Holly Bourne
 ★★★★★
It's no secret that I adore Holly Bourne so it was pretty much a given that I would adore It Only Happens in the Movies! In this book, Holly focuses on the very real side of young relationships - the confusion, the stress and the messiness of it all as well as the cute stuff in what creates such an interesting relationship between our main character Audrey and the typical 'bad boy' Harry!  
















It Had To Be You, Keris Stainton
 ★★★★★
And finally, the last book on the list of my favourite books of 2017 is another gem by Keris Stainton! Being 22 I'm that awkward age where I don’t feel like I fit in when it comes to adult books and where I feel just that little bit too old for some YA so Keris' adult books have been perfect! Her characters are so relatable, especially Bea and her friends in It Had To Be You! The whole book is just pure joy which I urge you to read!

















Honourable mentions include:
☆ A Wrinkle in Time, Madeleine L'Engle ★★★★☆
☆ Alex & Eliza, Melissa de la Cruz  ★★★★☆
☆ Attachments, Rainbow Rowell ★★★★☆
☆ When Dimple Met Rishi, Sandhya Menon ★★★★★
☆ To All the Boys I've Loved Before, Jenny Han ★★★★☆
☆ I'll Give You the Sun, Jandy Nelson  ★★★★★















So there you have it - my favourite books of 2017! I'm so excited to see what this year of reading brings! What were some of your favourite 2017 reads?

Comments