#108 Books on the beach and by the pool

In two days I'll be jetting off (as they say) to sunny Sardinia so I thought now would be the perfect time to share which books I'll be popping into my suitcase!


























If Birds Fly Back, Carlie Sorosiak
Okay, so this one is a little bit of cheat seeing as I'm on the third chapter of this book but here me out ...we've got a long car journey to the airport!
So far I'm enjoying this book, it's set in Miami and revolves around Linny and Sebastian, I haven't got into the main part of the story yet but I've heard nothing but good things about it!






















Scrappy Little Nobody, Anna Kendrick
I've been meaning to pick up this book for the longest time, so when I saw it was out in paperback I couldn't resist! I'm a big fan of Anna Kendrick and this seems like the perfect holiday read!






















The Pear Thief, Elizabeth Wein
I think I'm the most excited about this book! The Pearl Thief is the prequel to Code Name Verity, a book which I actually read and adored on a holiday (again in Sardinia) about three years ago now! Set in 1938, The Pear Thief is all about mystery and it looks like it's going to the perfect page turner!






















Not Working, Lisa Owens
This is one of those books I've heard a couple of people online mention and it seems like that perfect stepping stone between YA and adult. It's been described as a mix of Adrian Mole, Bridget Jones and Dorothy Parker...so I've got a feeling it's going to be almost scarily relatable in the best ways!






















Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, Becky Albertali
I started reading this book during a reading slump so I'm got everything crossed that I can get this read soon! I adored The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertali (x) so lets hope I love Simon just as much!






















Love & Gelato, Jenna Evans Welch
...And finally the book I've been saving especially for my holiday - I'm going to Italy, the book is set in Italy and I'll be consuming all the gelato so it's perfect!
I'm a sucker for a good holiday themed read but just from reading the blurb it looks like Love & Gelato is going to be a bit deeper than that and I am beyond excited to start reading it!




















Let me know if you're going on holiday anytime this summer and of course let me know which books will be coming along with you!


Comments

  1. Looks like a perfect reading list for your holidays :)
    I'm not one for summer holidays - a cosy weekend in a cottage in autumn is my cup of tea, bonus points for log fire.
    Cora ❤ http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for reading, please do leave a comment it helps a lot x