#67 August favourites

Hello lovelies and welcome to September, what? Instead of the typical blogger (which I'm 100% guilty of) "omg I can't believe it's September" let's just get into my August favourites!




























Beauty...
There's hasn't been many beauty favourites this month but I've been loving the Seventeen Skin Wow primer, which also doubles as a highlighter - bonus! I've been using this just along my cheekbones and under my eyes alongside my usual primer and it's been making such a difference to my whole look!


Since putting a pink hue in my hair earlier in August the Bleach London Rose shampoo and conditioner have been actual lifesavers at topping the colour up!





Books....
If you read my reading wrap up (x) you'll know how much I've been reading lately and I've found some new firm favourites!
I fell in love with the Spinster Club trilogy by Holly Bourne - read me rave about them here and here! I'm also fully obsessed with Radio Silence by Alice Oseman, I wrote a little about this in my reading wrap up but look out for a full post in a week or so!






































Music....
I'm still obsessed with the Hamilton soundtrack but I've also been loving Lauren Aquilina's album Isn't It Strange
I first heard Kicks back in April when she released it as a single and music video but when I heard Dodie Clark's cover of How Would You Like It (x) I listened to the album straight away and it's been on repeat pretty much ever since!

You may or may not know that I'm a massive Carly Rae Jepsen fan and on the first anniversary of her album E•MO•TION she released a new EP titled E•MO•TION: SIDE B and the whole thing is just a massive bop! Carly's songs are just fun and upbeat making the perfect songs to play whilst you get ready in the morning!



















































Films...
I saw Suicide Squad with my friends the day it came out and I actually really enjoyed it, although I did see faults and I think the film would've been better if they focused on fewer characters. 
I also wasn't a fan of Jared Leto's Joker, I felt like both the acting and editing tried too hard to make the Joker crazy when in reality the Joker doesn't have to try to be crazy he just is!
But finally seeing one of my favourite DC characters (Harley Quinn) on the big screen portrayed by Margot Robbie an actress I've loved since she was in Neighbours - Donna was everything to 13-year-old Vicki!



I also finally watched Eddie the Eagle and I loved it! I'm a huge fan of Taron Egerton and this film was just so heartwarming and had such a good message about never giving up! I urge you all to give it a watch!























Highlights....
Summer in the City and London was definitely the highlight of August! London is definitely one of my favourite cities in the world and going for the first time in four years was the best feeling!
To see my SITC photo diary click here!































What were you loving in August???

Vicki x

Disney princess in training

Comments

  1. I loved this post! I also did an August favourites and I honestly never thought of putting half of these kinds of things into it so thank you for sharing! Those books look so good! I need to get my hands on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG it's so great to see that I'm not the only one who remembers Margot Robbie mainly from Neighbours haha! I loved her in Wolf of Wall Street too, it's fab to see a soap actress doing so well! Glad you enjoyed Suicide Squad, I've heard such mixed reviews of the film! Thanks for sharing your faves!

    Abbey ✨ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for reading, please do leave a comment it helps a lot x