#47 April Favourites

Hello lovelies, yet another month has been and gone! This month has been pretty good but there's been quite a lot of stressful moments - university life!

Seeing as it's the 4th May (May the fourth be with you) I thought I'd share with you all my April favourites!

























*Disclaimer - since writing this post I have gone cruelty-free with my makeup and skincare and no longer use some of these products*
Beauty...
This month I rediscovered my love for the Maybelline Colour Tattoo cream gel eyeshadow, I have two of these in the shade On and On Bronze and Pink Gold and both are perfect bases for so many of my eyeshadows but also perfect on their own - bonus!

I've also been loving these two nail polishes by Barry M, the first is a gorgeous pink/lilac colour from the new Coconut Infusion range in the shade 'Surfboard' and also the second is the a gorgeous baby blue from the Speedy Quick Dry range in the shade 'Eat My Dust'.



























Books...
I think I've well and truly beaten my reading slump and discovered two new favourite books in the process!

The first book is Brooklyn by Colm Tóibín, it's such a lovely read about Irish girl Eilis who moves to Brooklyn, the book is set in the 1950s and I just fell in love with this book and the character of Eillis!

The second book is very different to Brooklyn and is Cinder by Marissa Meyer, this is a science fiction take on Cinderella and I just couldn't put it down! The next day I ran out to the get the second book in the series!






















Films...
Sticking with the book theme, the day after I finished Brooklyn I bought the film and loved it! It stars Saoirise Ronan as Eilis and it was such a good adaption, there were some missing details but it's expected in a book adaption!

Of course, The Force Awakens came out on DVD in April and I was lucky enough to receive two days earlier as I'd pre-ordered it from the Disney Store website! I just can't get over how great the cast is and I just love it!
























Music...
As you probably know if you read my last Tea and a Chat I saw Troye Sivan last month and I'm still feeling the post concert blues!





















I've also had Little Mix's new song 'Hair' on repeat and I love having a good dance around my room to it - I have zero shame!

And of course, Beyoncé's album Lemonade dropped and I'm obsessed! I'm just in awe of how powerful this album is and how unapologetic she is! Oh and that voice crack in Sandcastles is so real and oh man does it hurt, haha!


















What were you loving in April????





Vicki x
Disney princess in training 

Comments