#25 Rose gold smoky eye and pretty pink lips

I can't even begin to tell you how much I've missed blogging! I've completed my first two main assignments and I'm free (ish) until mid January so I'm hoping to get a lot of blog posts ready so I that I hopefully won't have another break!

I've been wearing a very specific makeup look for quite a while now and that's a rose gold smoky eye paired with a really pretty pink lip colour! As this look (especially the eyes) is a lot easier than you'd expect I thought I would give you a lil tutorial!

[a/n all prices below]






























*Disclaimer - since writing this post I have gone cruelty-free with my makeup and skincare and no longer use some of these products*


After applying your base your usual way, it's time to prime your eyes! After running out of my tester of Benefit's Air Patrol BB cream eyelid primer I decided to put those unused Boots points I'd been saving up for good use and spent them on the full size version and I do not regret it one bit!

I then move onto my beloved Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo in the shade Pink Gold, using just my finger to apply both these products!

I then move onto my Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals eyeshadow palette and take the shade Personal (blue snowflake) all over my lid before taking the shade Adapt in the crease, making sure to blend the two shades together, followed by Bias just to make sure everything is blended together nicely!
Once I've blended I then take the shade Mode, which is a really pretty coppery gold shade and I apply that lightly all over my lids!
















Next up is eyeliner! After having some trouble getting neat and matching eyeliner flicks I decided to repurchase my trusty black Smoky 2 in 1 Gel Eyeliner from The Body Shop (my other one dried out) and just lightly create the start of a simple winged look before filling it with the L'oreal Paris Super Liner, Perfect Slim felt tip liner. This liner is so easy to use but if you're not that good at flicks (like me) practice is definitely needed!
I then just take my Barry M kohl pencil in the shade Gold and just apply that on my waterline, I've found this really helps make both the makeup and your eyes pop!







































Now that the smoky eye is complete I then move onto my eyebrows and just fill them in with the Soap&Glory Archery 2-in-1 Brow Filling Pencil & Brush in the shade Hot Chocolate before moving onto my lashes.
I apply a generous coat of my beloved Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara followed by a less generous coat of the Bourjois Twist up the Volume mascara. I'm obsessed with this mascara as you can adjust the thickness and length of the brush which allows me to use the short and full length on my top lashes and then use the thin and long length on my bottom lashes!

The final step is the pink lips! I start off by lining my lips with the Maybelline Colorsensational lip liner in the shade Sweet Pink before then filling the rest in with the Revlon Colorburst matte balm in the shade Elusive. I love this balm as although it's matte it's still hydrating and the minty scent leaves your lips tingling!











Be sure to let me know if you recreate this look!

Prices...



  • Benefit's Air Patrol BB cream eyelid primer - £21.50, Boots
  • Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo - £4.99, Boots
  • Makeup Revolution New-trals vs Neutrals eyeshadow palette - £6.99, Makeup Revolution
  • Smoky 2 in 1 Gel Eyeliner - £10, The Body Shop
  • L'oreal Paris Super Liner, Perfect Slim felt tip liner - £6.99, Boots
  • Barry M kohl pencil - £2.99, Superdrug
  • Soap&Glory Archery 2-in-1 Brow Filling Pencil & Brush - £8, Boots
  • Maybelline Lash Sensational - £7.99, Boots
  • Bourjois Twist up the Volume mascara - £10.99, Boots
  • Maybelline Colorsensational lip liner - £3.99, Boots
  • Revlon Colorburst matte balm  - £7.99, Boots




Vicki x
Disney princess in training ♛

Comments