Snack healthier

When I want to eat a little bit healthier I always tend to think of snacks that I can easily make and prepare that will replace the cravings for crisps and chocolate, so I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite go to healthy snacks!







































Fruit and a smoothie!
I love having fruit as a midmorning pick me up alongside a smoothie, it's up to you what fruit you pick and you can even have yoghurt on top!
Today I chose to have blueberries and melon with a glass of Innocent's Perfectly Pink smoothie!

This is such a simple snack to prepare as it takes just minutes but is so delicious and filling!




























Courgette crisps and carrot sticks!

Another snack I love is homemade courgette crisps! These are so simple to make and taste so good! I picked this recipe up from Essie Button and can be found in this video!

Ingredients:

  • one courgette (zucchini)
  • parmesan cheese - as much or as little as you like
  • olive oil
Method:
  1. Preheat your oven to 180° or gas mark 3
  2. Start by simply slicing your courgette into evenly shaped slices
  3. Place the courgette onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment and make sure that it is evenly spaced out before drizzling the chips with olive oil
  4. Then sprinkle the chips with parmesan cheese, how much cheese and even what type of cheese you use is 100% up to you!
  5. Once in the oven make sure to keep checking on your chips, you want them to be nice and crispy but you don't want them to be under or overcooked










































































Once cooked I tend to serve the courgette chips on their own with a dip or sometimes with carrot sticks and dips.

You can either buy carrot sticks in a packet or you can cut them yourself.

 
























































Pitta chips!
This final snack is slightly more unhealthy than the previous two but is a good alternative to crisps such as Walkers or Doritos.
I love snacking on Marks and Spencers' pitta chips, they come in various flavours but my favourite by far are the lightly salted ones!

These are a great snack to share or you can eat them alone in a cute little bowl with either sour cream and chive dip, salsa or guacamole on the side! They are also perfect on their own, it's all up to you!









































Let me know if you try out any of this recipes!



Vicki x
Disney princess in training 



Comments

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for reading, please do leave a comment it helps a lot x