#12 Books, books, books

For as long as I can remember I've adored reading, I'd spend countless nights hiding under my duvet with a torch in one hand and a book in the other. You could always spot me with a book in my hand and to this day although I don't have as much time to read anymore I rarely leave the house without a book!

Seeing as I haven't had the time to read as much as I'd like I'm determined to read as many books as possible over the summer!

























Summer reads

Last week I managed to get my hands on Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella in the book charity donation section at my local tesco! Haven't recently finished Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic and a Baby which I picked up a few weeks ago.


When I bough Shopaholic and a Baby, which is such a fun and easy read and the book's protagonist Becky Brandon (née Bloomwood) is such a loveable character with a HUGE shopping addiction, I also picked up Caitlin Moran's How To Build A GirlI'm excited to start it as I've heard lots of good reviews about both the book and the 


This summer I'm hoping to finish Carrie Hope Fletcher's book All I Know Now, due to various university assignments I never got the chance to finish Carrie's book so I'm determined to finish it asap!





As well as Always Emily by Michaela MacColl, this book seems so interesting with the main focus being on Emily and Charlotte Brontë  having to "figure out if there is a connection between a string of local burglaries, rumours that a neighbour’s death may not have been accidental, and the appearance on the moors of a mysterious and handsome stranger"

Summer reads wish list 



  • Attachments by Rainbow Rowell, I've been searching for this book in my local Waterstones for months and I've never been able to find it. I'm a huge fan of her books Eleanor and Park and Fangirl and can't wait till I get my hand on this book
  • Dead Girls Walking by Suzy Cox, after falling in love with the first book in this trilogy The Dead Girls Detective Agency I desperately want to read the second instalment!
  • Happy Ever After by  in a more modern setting!
  • Lucky Us by Amy Bloom, I spotted this in my local Waterstones a few weeks ago and I keep putting off buying as I want to finish my other books first, this book is about two friends in 1940s America and it sounds like a really good read!
  • Again, like Lucky Us this is another book I'm putting off buying for a little while and that is The Opposite Of Love by Marina Keegan, a book of stories and essays by Marina Keegan who died at just the age of 22 shortly after graduating from Yale university.
  • And last but not least, Summer at Shell Cottage by Lucy Diamond, the gorgeous artwork on the cover of this book really caught my eye last week and the story sounds so intriguing following the stories of Olivia, Freya, Harriet, Robert and Molly and has been described as a "delightful summer read"


Vicki x
Disney princess in training 


Comments