January Reading Wrap-Up |

I've found myself reading so much this month so I'm hoping that that's a good sign for the rest of the year!
I hope you enjoy my array of novelty socks as well!

















All the Lonely People, 
David Owen 
★★★★★
I couldn’t have asked for a better first book of 2019 than this, (although yes I started it in 2018)
From the get-go I was hooked, the whole premise of All The Lonely People is so interesting and well executed! I found myself getting stressed on behalf of the characters, especially Kat who I want to protect at all costs although knowing her she wouldn’t need my help!
Gripping, intense and an f/f romance I can’t get enough of, David has done it again!





...And a Happy New Year? Holly Bourne ★★★★★
This one is a reread but I just couldn't start the year without a flying visit to see Lottie, Amber and Evie! It was just as wonderful the second time around!




Almost Midnight: Two Festive Short Stories, Rainbow Rowell ★★★★★
Another quick reread but, just like ...And a Happy New Year? I couldn’t resist picking this up, both the stories are so pure and make me feel all warm inside!


Doctor Who: The Good Doctor, Juno Dawson ★★★★☆
2018 was the year that reignited my love for Doctor Who (I just really love Thirteen okay) so I was delighted when I got The Good Doctor for Christmas. It's a really fun story with time travel mishaps and the new characters we've grown to love and cherish!


Exiles issues 1-3, Saladin Ahmed ★★★★☆ (each)
Next up are some comics! Exiles features various characters such as Blink, Peggy Carter and Valkeryie from the Marvel multiverse all coming together to save the universe basically. I've been told the series kind of drops after issue 3 so I don't know if I'll be picking up the next instalment. 



Instructions for a Second-Hand Heart, Tamsyn Murray ★★★☆
So I'm still not sure about this book, it's one I always picking up in the library and then putting back on the shelf so I eventually borrowed and I was kinda disappointed. This is a dual POV and I wasn't really a fan of any of the characters and found some of the actions of Jonny kinda creepy and Niamh had the whole "I'm not like other girls" thing going on which was a shame really.






















Pulp, Robin Talley ★★★★★
On the flip side here is a book I absolutely adored! I'd seen so many people talking about this so I went out with my Waterstones vouchers to grab a copy and I found myself reading whenever I could! This is another dual POV book but set across two generations - 2017 and 1955. Make sure to read my full review here!




Spider-Men II (1-5), Brian Michael Bendis and Sarah Pichelli ★★★★☆ 
If you're a new reader you might not know that I absolutely adore Spider-Man so I just had to borrow this comic from the library! Featuring actual angels Peter Parker and Miles Morales this comic was full of intrigue and mystery!



Giant Days, Non Pratt ★★★★☆ 
This is the YA adaption of the graphic novel series of the same Non explores how weird uni is and the power of friendship. This was so heartwarming and just like Non's other books really easy to slip into! I'm definitely interested in reading the graphic novel series after this!



Ms Marvel vol 1: No Normal, G. Willow Wilson and Adrian Alphona ★★★★★
I've been meaning to read this for MONTHS! I'd been trying to get at the library with no luck so, in the end, I received my own copy for my birthday back in November. I really have to be in the mood to read comics but when I am I can usually read them in a sitting or two and Ms Marvel was no different. I love the character even more after reading this!



Let me know in the comments what you've been reading so far this year!





Comments

  1. ms marvel is such a great intro to that world, i rly should continue it! and i cant wait to read david owens newest release!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for reading, please do leave a comment it helps a lot x