Wednesday, 20 July 2016

#92 My experience with oil pulling

Hello, lovelies oil pulling seems to be a bit of a trend at the moment so I thought I'd give it a go and jump on the bandwagon!

























I've been oil pulling for almost 6 weeks now and I've tried to do it every day (but y'know sometimes all you wanna do is curl up and go to sleep) and I've definitely noticed a difference!

The first time I tried it I was terrified (thanks, horror stories) however, it was nowhere near as bad as I had imagined or read!

For my first time I used my sachet of Vita Coco that I received back in my May Birchbox(x) only because I couldn't open my jar... yeah I know (which I got on offer at Holland and Barrett for £10).



Personally, the worst part of the experience is having to melt the oil but if you're not ridiculously clumsy and terrified of burning yourself like me then just go ahead and melt your teaspoon of oil a little!

I'd definitely recommend you do something to distract yourself whilst your oil pulling as you have to swill the oil around your mouth for 20 minutes. I like to watch a show on Netflix, plait my hair and sometimes I'll write or edit a blog post!
























Your jaw does slightly ache but apart from that the experience isn't too uncomfortable.
Even from the first day, I noticed the benefits of oil pulling, as my teeth definitely felt a lot cleaner - think dentist clean!

As for whitening, I think it has made a little difference to the colour of my teeth, but nothing dramatically obvious which is fine by me but not if you're looking for a quick fix!


















After the 20 minutes are up I spit the oil 
into a plastic bag (spitting it into the sink can cause a blocked drain) before having a drink of water and then brushing my teeth. 

As I said earlier I've done this pretty much every night and I promise you it does get better each time!

The oil can help whiten teeth (though it is gradual not an instant quick fix) and it's said to draw out any toxins in your body and also can improve not just your oral health but also your overall health in general!

Have you tried oil pulling???



Vicki x

Disney princess in training

6 comments

  1. I've never tried oil pulling so this was really interesting! After reading this, I really think I need to give it a go, I love that dentist-clean feeling! Awesome to know that it improves your health in general, I'd just have to be really careful not to swallow the oil haha!

    Abbey ♥ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh god i did that the first time it was so gross haha!!!

      Vicki x

      Delete
  2. I've been looking to try oil pulling a while but have been put off by the horror stories! Might have to try it tonight now X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly there's so many horror stories I put it off for so long but it wasn't even that bad haha!

      Vicki x

      Delete
  3. Hiya!

    So this post is great! I want to try oil pulling one day, I don't know when though. Here's a tip for next tip you buy coconut oil; Tesco sells coconut oil online really inexpensively ( http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=256412443 ), otherwise try Ebay! Every time I go to Holland and Barrett I personally find it pretty pricey, so if I help you save some cash I'd be pretty pleased with myself.

    Rachel
    creativityandcrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I got it when they had one of their buy one get one free offers so I didn't mind paying so much thank you though! I'll bear that in mind for next time!

      Vicki x

      Delete

© vicki in neverland. Design by FCD.